Friday, 30 August 2013

WIP - 1/35 ZTD-05 AAAV - Part 2

Right, I have an update here Gents .... 

I carried on with some bits and bobs from on the top of of the hull. I put on the Exhaust pipes and one of the engine grille. The etch are from the kit itself -

Knowing how annoying and complicated this workable flap will be, I decided to start building the bigger parts to make life easier. Here is the rear flap -

And this is outer part of the front flap. I had to put on those table like structure onto the flap. Stupid Hobbyboss had punch hole on that flap so I had to fill them. You can even see them in the photo there. 

I deviate along from the instruction and started building the turret. 
The gun was actually made to be moved up and down - 

But after the mantlent and its cover was up, it cannot move anymore. I don't know why they would do it like that .
Here is how the turret look in general -

I put on the hatches. The hatches can be shown open with complete lock and handle from the inside but since I could not find a PLA crew member, I had to close it off.

I put on the smoke grenade launcher after ward -

And I  try as best as I can to put on as many parts on the back of the turret as possible - 

There are a lot of small pieces involved and it really tire my eyes out, dang. But I am enjoying this build. I don't know how that infamous flap will do to my patience but I hope nothing too serious LOL. 

Well, that's it for now. I will keep you guys updated .

Monday, 26 August 2013

WIP - 1/35 ZTD-05 AAAV - Part 1

Hey guys.

I got a new Work in Progress for you. I will be joining a Modern Armour SIG build on FloryModels forum with a rather peculiar vehicle. As you may all know from my recent works such as the Type-90, the LeClerc and the Lowe, I have a passion to buld vehicles most people normally won't ( well, Apart from the tigers I/II ).

Luckily, my local hobby shop ( Model Zone Holborn, in fact ) was relocating and was offering everything 50% off and I had to buy this one.

This is how the box-art looks like -

Opened it and I was greeted by a rather large hull and a box full of sprues -

As usual, everything starts from the suspensions -
I had to put on some kind of small little shocker absorber thingys and the arms -

Followed up by the rear hull and the door. I choose to show the propeller openings as closed

I closed the two halves of the entire entire hull after ward -

Next, I started making these hydraulics for the front flaps and the back flaps -

Which goes on like so ... This is the front - 

And this is the back flaps hydraulics - 

I also started putting on some stuffs on top of the rear hull -

Well, that's it for now. I wil keep you guys posted. Stay tuned.

Tuesday, 20 August 2013

Dragon 1/35 Dicker Max

Good day to you Gents.

Well, here comes another from me. This is my second Dragon kit ever. Due to the complexity of the dragon kit, I never touched them but I'm trying to step up my game so I bought one that a member from MilitaryModelling forum was selling cheaply. I'm glad I bought this as I enjoyed this build very much so. 

Here is some information about the Dicker Max  for those who don't know about it - 

The kit is not really a Smart Kit but it comes with the magic tracks, a set of PhotoEtch fret and a Aluminium Barrel. The kit is jammed packed with many parts and sprue but I found out later that quite a lot of them are spares from Panzer IV kits. I also bought a set of Eduard P.E for extra details. 

The build was very very enjoyable. I made a full account of the W.I.P in the previous posts and you are welcome to look over at them if you are curious about how well the kit goes together. 

I used Vallejo Panzer Grey as a base and mixes them with lighter colours and darker ones to get the highlight and shadows to break apart the rather monotonous paint job. I painted the tracks with brown and nato brown and dry brushed them with Vallejo Steel. The figures are all painted with Vallejo paints. Tamiya Hull-Red was used to paint the red-oxide layer underneath the paint job in the fighting compartment. 

The figures are from Mini-Art and some amount of surgery made to change the poses. I wanted to depict the crew between actions, having a debate about relocating their vehicles. 

The muds are made from a wide variety of pigments colour ( MIG and FloryModels ) combined with the Tamiya Diorama Texture Paint and finally, with Vallejo Gloss Heavy gel to add volume and wet effect. I kept chipping to a bare minimum on the outside of the vehicle and kept it heavy in the fighting compartment as my research leads me to conclude their interior are chipped really badly then the exterior. 

Well, that's about as much I can sum up about the build. The exact steps can be found in the 7-part W.I.P. 
I didn't really had any hiccup with this kit however. The kit goes on really well and love every bit of the steps in building it.  I'm vary satisfied with what I did, albeit it could look better but still, I'm happy.
It's time for the photos - 

Here are the close ups ( sort of ) for the mud - 

And here are the crew shots - 

And on-board equipment and the exhaust - 

The underside and the boogies -

And as usual, my show case photos from various angles -

And Closing the curtain with a bang - as usual - ( that is a huge gun BTW )

I know I still have a long way to go to be classed as one of the masters and I won't stop until I reach that kind of level. I couldn't keep building if not for my supporting friends and comrades and some fans ( to my surprise, I do have some fans ). Thank you guys for always supporting me. Thank you dear readers for your patronage as well.

Until Next time.