Tuesday, 28 January 2014

W.I.P 1/35 DANA 152 mm - Part 3

Right .. Time to update this baby after releasing 3 completed builds ..

Last time, I stopped at the dry fitting of the turret. Let's carry on from there

The next step for the turret calls for the glueing of the little P.E hooks. That hooks are really small but HobbyBoss in all its wisdom put in a pre-made etch folding/bending thingy just for these little hook. It's located on Sprue P.



I was scared when I first saw it but after carefully looking at the instruction, I was very relieved .

After the little hooks on the top, next up is a bit bigger row of hooks for the tow cable.


The little hooks also goes on the back as well. Thanks for the folding/bending thingy supplied, these came out all uniform ( I think )


I followed that up with a ammunition rack for the Anti Aircraft machine gun. 


That is one of the best looking storage I have seen and easy to assemble as well. You can also see the other small P.E stuffs as well.

After that, I had to do some kind of ammo feeding mechanism that is right behind the breech and between the two halves.


These twos combines to form this mechanism ( I have no idea what this is though )

With that, the entire turret is complete finished minus the clear parts -

I still have to build the engine cover and rear parts but I didnt want to do it yet so I looked around the manual and decided to finished up the deck area behind the cab.

First I have to build this gun travel lock -

Along with these P.E parts ( again, I have no idea what they are ) 

You can see here I had to do quite a lot of filling

And then it is finished off with all these other parts added on -
Again, you can see a great amount of filling. If you are building this, be on the look out for those joints.

I still have the engine and the firing braces to put on and I'm planning to take my time with them as they look pretty complicated so let me just stop this update here and in the next one, we will pick off from the engine. Thank you for reading.

Until the next update.

Sunday, 26 January 2014

Trumpeter 1/35 T-62 ERA Mod 1972

Hello all. 

First of all, I would like to apologize if I spamming with so many updates and finished stuffs lately. That is not my intention to do so. It's just that I build 3 -5 kits simultaneously and takes roughly the same time to complete them so the finished date are closed to each other. 

This is the trumpeter kit released late in 2012. This is definitely one of Trumpeter's best, superbly molded that comes with features you would only get from aftermarkets. I did not see any flash nor sunken areas. A seperate compartment provides the hull along with the wire tow cable, the newly cast turret and an aluminum barrel. 

There are two photo etch frets that provide several small parts that attach to the hull as well as intake and exhaust screens. 

Another nice touch is that the rubber rims for the road wheels are  separate items and already molded in black. I never liked painting road wheels so it saved a lot of time for me. 

I honestly had no idea what exact shade the cold war era Soviet tanks are so I just winged it with what green I had in my stash. I used Vallejo Russian Green, Vallejo Field Green, Vallejo Olive Drab, Mr. Colour Aqueous Light Green, Tamiya Nato Green, Tamiya Olive green for base, shadows, highlight and chippings. I honestly cannot remember where I used which colours though. 

I wanted to show the vehicle with somewhat dried up mud and moist mud. I didn't really want to do very dry nor very wet mud and it was touch-and-go for me but I think i manged to show the mud just the way in the middle of dry and wet. 

While weathering this one, I got hands on Issue 6 of the '' Weathering Magazine '' and in there they show how to do dirt and ground debris on the top of tank from artillery splash. I was inspired by that and decided to go for a vehicle operating in a Chechnya war. I put on clumps of earth and mud from artillery splash on top of the turret and hull. I tried my best to make it as logical as I could but I doubt I did enough justice to it. Oh well, there's always the first step in everything. 

The mud and earth effects were made by means of plaster, pigment, enamel paint, AK wash and acrylic resin. 

It's time for the photos - 
(If you think some are small, just click on them ) 

Close ups of the wheels -

Close up of the many little chipping i done -


And as usual, my show case photos from various angles -

And as usual from me -

Well, that's about as much I can sum up about the build. 
I really love how this one look. I am however, very unhappy of my impatience that leads to the lack of filters and lack of  weathering effects on the top of the tank  and the the sorry state the mud are in. I do love the chipping and highlighting I did though.

Thank you guys for always supporting me. Thank you dear readers for your patronage as well.

Until Next time