Thursday 14 November 2013

W.I.P Tamiya Leopard 2 A6 - Part 5

Alright people... I have some updates for you all - 

The first thing I did was putting on the decals -
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

And I followed that up with the optics and lights -

Driver sights
Image

Front lights 
Image

Rear lights 
Image

Gunner sight
Image

Commander periscopes and sight 
Image

Now what comes afterwards is something that I have never done before - foliage Camouflage

The first thing I did was a camo net with lots of leaves on it. 

Image

The net was bandaged soaked in thinned down ''Field Green '' to ease painting and the leaves are Parsley. I thought of using coriander but I couldn't take the smell LOL. The net was wrapped and glued on with science bond glue as it is better to use then super glue. 

And I ordered some leaves from Plus models and made myself some branches from wires, painted them in brown and I got these - 

Image

Which will go on the model like so -
Image

Image

I noticed the Clear varnish I put on have misted a bit. Probably the cold, windy weather must have affected it. Doesn't matter, it will be gone after weathering so I don't really mind. 

Starting from here, I will be working on with a little artistic license as to how the foliage and camouflage are placed. 

I have seen those tanks draped with some kind of tape and fabric on top of the camouflages and also on the barrel so I decided to try putting these on -
Image

so combining all of these, this is how my Leo is looking now -
Image

Image

Image

I wanted to try out something that is new for me. How that didn't came out very bad.

0 comments:

Post a Comment