Saturday 15 March 2014

W.I.P - JGSDF Type99 HSP - Part 2

Good day everybody... I have an update on this baby.

Picking up from where I left off, I decided to go back on the front glacis plate. I added all the necessary P.E grille like so -

Image

Followed up by the tiny little grab handles and a few bigger ones -


Image

Next, I moved on to the gun travel lock, which is a pretty complicated mechanism. Trumpeter did quite a nice job on it but the build up is way too complicated and comprised of many steps. 

The first step is to build a hydraulic hinge of some sort - 

Image

And on it, the main lock goes on -


Image

Judging by the way it looks, I believe the smaller hydraulic is solely responsible for the raising and lowering of the lock. Unfortunately, the piston rod that goes into the hydraulic housing is too short and showing a gap between the piston attachment on the bigger lock structure and the hydraulic housing when the lock is down. I tried to fixed it so that it can be a workable piston but I failed. I guess I just have to put in a rod in there to close the gap and keep it in the down position. ( you can see that I tried to put on a plastic rod from the photo but it broke off soon after ).

I followed up the front glacis with the installations of the Driver sights. The clear parts are already masked off.

Image


That include everything on the front glacis and this is how it looks now - 


Image

After that , I had to put on 19 little grab handles all along the sides of the hull ( both left and right ). I did not enjoy that. 

Left - 

Image

Right -


Image

After that, I moved on to the turret. I put on the doors on both side of the turret -
Left -

Image

And right -

Image

I didn't want to moved to the hatches yet so I chose to do the sights.

I believe these are the gunner's sights; the clear parts already being masked off -

Image

Which goes on the turret like so -

Image

And another sight on the other hatch -

Image

I decided to move on the back of the turret. I built all the necessary sub assemblies -

Image

and I put them on the back of the turret along with some antennae housings -

Image

which brings me to this stage - 

Image

I have yet to touch the wheels or the tracks. The mud flaps are still off to ease the installation of the tracks. I think might paint the lower hull first and the wheels and THEN, put the tracks. The wheels doesn't have poly caps so I have no choice but to keep them untouched

Well, that's it for now. Until further update.

0 comments:

Post a Comment