Ladies and gentlemen of the gunpla world, for the first time ever, we of MAC are more then excited to announce the very first European Gunpla Cup. This is the first in the world for the modellers of Europe to participate in a gunpla contest, whose chances to show off their skills are hindered by the lack of gunpla events. Not anymore ladies and gents.
Our very own Kamm, the hand painting assassin from MAC, takes point on this truly unique event, and we're proud that it's being hosted at MAC Forums, and with Hobby Link Japan sponsoring the Prizes.
Our man-love-hungry, handsome guy Kamm even got a nose bleed from stress, organizing this event. All in all, he made a very very very good job.
- All entrants, regardless of root, must live within Europe. Simply having an origin of Europe does not qualify you to enter. "Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and United Kingdom"
- Entrants may enter kits previously made prior to start date of competition. Also kits completed after start date are accepted. No form of BOOTLEG kits may be entered. Entry of such a kit will result in disqualification.
- Entrants may enter into as many categories as they so choose and may enter as many kits as they see fit. Passing off other peoples work as your own will result in dismissal of all entries made by that person which will be followed by a disqualification. Entrants must be able to provide some form of "Work In Progress" at the judges request. This is for clarifcation purposes. (WIP Only needs to be shown if judges ask).
- All entries must be submitted within the MAC Forum. Visit the section labeled "EU-GC Entries" and create a thread under the relevant category "Diorama", "Customized" & "Straight Build Painted".
- Starting date for entries is April 20th
- Closing date for entries is September 1st
- The use of Resin is strictly forbidden
- Diorama restrictions are subject to 50cm x 50cm x 50cm
"Mechanics & Prizes can change without prior notice, but we'll keep everyone updated."
- When creating an entry please provide the following information:
- Photo size 1600 X 1200 for Judging (please submit at judges request). 800 X 600 for Gallery Posting
- You may provide 5 MAIN Images per entry (front, side, back, two detail shots). Additional photos, like WIP photos, technique shots, modification and scratch-build methods are much appreciated and encouraged but not necessary especially for Customized category, and can be posted as a regular WIP thread in MAC Forums Workshop. To avoid confusion, you can put in EU-GC contest WIP in the title of your WIP thread.
- the MAC Forums and Hobby Link Japan logos must be present in the submitted entries. A blank PSD/PNG file with the will be provided later on for consistency.
When uploading your entries please place the PNG file below over the submitted images to include the relevant logos:
Diorama : MG Epyon
Customized : MG 00 Raiser
Straight Build Painted: MG Deathscythe
PLUS : An RG Strike for the Runner-Up in each category.
Entries will be judged by the 2008 BAKUC World Champ DC23, Scratch-Build Master Julius Lim, The Mod-Man from Planet X Who Never Sleeps, MatanglawinX. The criteria for judging will be announced later.
Here is an example on how to submit.
Now, don't hold back people of Europe and let loose your inner modellingbeast and model like crazy. Please STAY TUNED for more about the upcoming WIPs and finished products of the contestant.