Friday 2 September 2011

Famine: The 3rd Horseman; Apocalypse showdown at MAC

When the Lamb opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, "Come and see!" I looked, and there before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand. Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, "A quart of wheat for a day's wages, and three quarts of barley for a day's wages, and do not damage the oil and the wine!"

And amidst the chaos, among the apocalypse, came a black figure, with flesh decayed, teeth bared from hunger - Famine steps out into the world -

Right, time for me to explain a little bit about this guy,
There are actually 5 layers of paints, and I will go by the order - Black, Flash, Dark grey, Purple and dark green. I had to be careful not to spray at one area for too long as I wanted shadings.
The face was improvised by dropping a glob of hull red with mix with some brighter red to simulate dried blood. The glop was dropped and scrapped away with a hobby knife to simulate dried blood on his mouth, in the sense that he's so hungry, he's been eating stuffs raw and alive.
The Shield was made as a concept of external accessories so painted different and the Victim is painted gold as part of a decoration. The Victim is weathered with the use of MIG Natural Wash and very thin semi-gloss black.



The build was very enjoyable. I made a full account of the W.I.P in the previous posts and you are welcome to look over at them if you are curious about how well the kit goes together. Actually, let me make a list here for the Work in Progress posts -
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9 

I guess that's all there is to this baby.




Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

4 comments:

  1. nice work, but i think some details are too not an option type, if u know what I mean. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly don't bro... Can you elaborate??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fear the Horsemen. Nice job. Love the teeth on the chest and the scales of justice. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The color scheme worked really well bro! Famine = scary
    Good job! More power!

    ReplyDelete